ASTR Provider Competency Levels
1. Preferred Provider: provider is utilizing the entire ASTR model. We believe utilizing the entire model is the best approach to achieving fast pain relief with long lasting effects.
- Completed ASTR online course and ACN online course. Watched all of the instructional videos or attended ASTR course in person.
- Passed all of the tests for both ASTR online and ACN courses.
- Completed certification process for both ASTR online course and ACN online course.
- Attended the physical class for ASTR course or completed private training session online for ASTR course. Completed private training session for ACN.
- Implements the entire biopsychosocial model in their treatment including: scar tissue, fascia restriction, trigger points, muscles spasms, ergonomics, gait, exercise, nutrition, inflammation, stress management, and behavior modification. Must provide proof of this.
- Provides ASTR supplements as part of the nutrition protocol.
- Implements the entire inflammation protocol in their practice.
2. Entry Level Provider: All entry level providers are being phased out to ensure the highest quality of care for patients
- Provider isn’t implementing the entire model of care
- Completed the online class or attended ASTR course in person.
Dr. Joseph Jacobs, DPT, ASTRs, ACN
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Advanced Clinical Nutritionist
Inventor of ASTR
Address: 23672 Birtcher Dr Suite B, Lake Forest, CA 92630