Cervical Radiculopathy: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
What is Cervical Radiculopathy?
Cervical Radioculopathy is a broad-based clinical description of pain and neurological symptoms resulting from any types of condition that irritates a nerve in the cervical spine (neck). Cervical nerves exit the spine from C1 to C7 and their roots become irritated due to compression or inflammation, the symptoms can vary depending on which nerves are being affected.
Cervical Radiculopathy Symptoms
- Dull/ sharp/ burning Pain (from the shoulder to the entire arm)
- Neck movement may increase symptoms
Causes of Cervical Radiculopathy
- Cervical Herniated Disc: herniated discs can impinge on the adjacent nerve in this case the affected nerve is in the cervical region
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis: degeneration of the cervical spine cause the space between joints to decrease and pinch on the cervical nerves
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease: degeneration of the discs over time can also cause the nerve to become compressed
Cervical Radiculopathy Treatment
ASTR treats cervical radiculopathy in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, scar tissue, trigger points, fascia restrictions, inflammation, posture, body mechanics which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for cervical radiculopathy.
Cervical Radiculopathy Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites