Diabetic Neuropathy is a neurological condition that is damage to the nerves due to the diabetes condition. The elevation of blood sugar levels for a long period of time is related to diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic neuropathy ranges from mild to debilitating causing for a serious complication of diabetes. Once neuropathy is obtained it will not disappear, but symptoms are generally manageable.
4 Different Types of Neuropathy
- Peripheral Neuropathy- In hands, legs, or arms
- Autonomic Neuropathy- In bladder, heart, lungs, eyes, sex organs, stomach, intestines
- Mononeuropathy- In face, torso, and legs
Diabetic Neuropathy Risk Factors
- High blood sugar
- Alcohol abuse
- Nerve inflammation
Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy Symptoms
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease pain and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- ASTR is a holistic, non-invasive, and long-term pain relief