Osteoarthritis: Symptoms, Risk Factors & Treatment
What Is Osteoathristis?
Osteoathristis is also known as degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis. This is the most common chronic joint condition affecting Americans. Osteoarthritis is capable of affecting any joint but is most common in knees, hips, lower back, small joints such as the fingers and toes, and the neck.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- Stiff joints
- Sore joints
- A limited range of motion due to the stiffness
- Cracking sound when trying to bend a joint
- Swelling around the joint
- Pain that get noticeably worse with activity by the end of the day
Osteoarthritis Risk Factors
- Genetic traits are a likely causes of why individuals develop osteoarthritis.
- Being overweight put additional stress and pressure on joints such as knees and hips. This causes for cartilage to break down faster.
Injury and overuse:
- Repetitive movements or injuries to joints (such as a fracture, surgery or ligament tears) can lead to osteoarthritis. Some athletes, for example, repeatedly damage joints, tendons and ligaments, which can speed cartilage breakdown. Certain careers that require standing for long periods of time, repetitive bending, heavy lifting or other movements can also make cartilage wear away more quickly. An imbalance or weakness of the muscles supporting a joint can also lead to altered movement and eventual cartilage breakdown in joints.
- Several other factors may contribute to osteoarthritis. These factors include bone and joint disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, certain metabolic disorders such as hemochromatosis, which causes the body to absorb too much iron, or acromegaly, which causes the body to make too much growth hormone.
Treatment for Osteoarthritis
ASTR treats osteoarthritis in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, scar tissue, trigger points, fascia restrictions, inflammation, posture, body mechanics which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites