Sciatica Pain: Definition, Causes, Conditions, Symptoms & Treatment
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a pain that starts in the low back and travels down the leg, This pain is typically caused by the herniation of a spinal disc that causes nerve compression on the sacral or lumbar nerve roots. Sciatica tends to be a symptom of a larger issue (such as disc herniation) rather than its own disease. Sciatica most commonly affects those between 30 and 50 years old, and is experienced in men more so than women.
Conditions Causing Sciatica
Common causes of sciatica include:
- Spinal disc herniation (approximately 1 in 50 people will experience this at some point)
- Spinal stenosis
- Piriformis syndrome
- Pelvic tumors
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Compression from a baby’s head during pregnancy
- Trauma to the spine
Symptoms of Sciatica
Symptoms of sciatica include:
- Sharp, shooting pain down low back and on the outside or front of the leg
- Weakness in various parts of the leg or foot
- Pain when one moves, sneezes, or coughs
ASTR treats sciatica pain in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, decrease inflammation, breaking scar tissue and releasing fascia restriction which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for sciatica pain.
Sciatica Pain Relief Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites