Bells palsy is a weakness or paralysis on one side of an individuals face. This is caused due to damage of the facial nerve that controls the muscles on the side of the face that is dropping. This nerve damage may also cause an affect to the sense of taste, ability to make tears and saliva. This is a condition that comes on suddenly and generally gets better on its own within a few weeks. There is no link between bells palsy and a stroke or transient ischemic attack.
Causes of Bell’s palsy
- Possibly caused by the herpes virus that causes cold sores
- Nerve damage due to inflammation
Symptoms of Bell’s Palsy
- Weakness or paralysis on one side of the face
- Face looks like it is drooping
- Hard to close affected eye
- Eye problems (dry eye, or excessive tearing)
- Loss of ability to taste
- Pain in or behind ear
- Numbness in affects side of face
- Increase in sensitivity to sound
Bell’s Palsy Treatment
In order to treat Bell’s Palsy, ASTR uses patent tools that release scare tissue and myofascial restriction to be able to increase mobility. We address the problem holistically and naturally without the use of medication though evaluating possible nutritional triggers. ASTR is a noninvasive treatment that is virtually pain free and may lead to long term pain relief.