Oschgood-Schlatter Disease: Definition, Risk Factors, Symptoms & Treatment
What is Oschgood-Schalatter?
Oschgood Schalatter Disease is a disease occurring in adolescent male and female usually occurring from participation in sports that require bending, jumping and runnings. Oschgood schlatter diseases usually has pain varying from mild to severe depending how often the physical activist is occurring. In oschgood schlatter disease the quadriceps may pull up on the tendon that attaches the knee to the shin. Pain and swelling often occur with this, and in some cases a bone lump may occur from the bone trying to grow in order to close the gap.
Risk Factors of Oschgood-Schlatter Disease
- Age- Oschgood Schlatter Disease is usually seen in adolescent males, but increasingly seen in females due to more females playing sports
- Males usually age 13-14 years old
- Females usually age 11-12 years old
- Sports that require bending, jumping, and running hard, like soccer, gymnastics, basketball, and ballet make for greater risk of children obtaining oschgood schlatter disease.
Symptoms of Oschgood-Schlatter Disease
- Bump or growth below the knee
- Pain or swelling below the knee
- Leg or knee pain that worsens with activity
- Area is tender with pressure
Oschgood Schaltter Disease Treatment
ASTR treats Oschgood Schlatter Disease in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, scar tissue, trigger points, Fascia restrictions, inflammation, posture, body mechanics which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for Oschgood Schlatter Disease
Oschgood Schlatter Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites