Rotator Cuff Tear
Rotator cuff injuries occur in the rotator cuff of shoulder joint. There are a group of muscles that support and surround the joint in order to move the shoulder in various directions. Improper form during movement or excessive stress can cause a rotator cuff tear. Tears can cause pain and inflammation to the rotator cuff. Often times rotator cuff tears occur over time but they can also happen during an injury which causes a popping sound.
Rotator Cuff Tear Symptoms
- Shoulder pain
- Weakness in shoulder or arm
- Crackling or snapping in the shoulder
- Difficulty moving the shoulder
Risk Factors for Rotator Cuff Tears
- Swimming, baseball, tennis, football, golf
- Adults 40 and older
- Manual labor jobs, jobs requiring intense physical overhead lifting
- Lifting heavy weights
- Fall on the shoulder or use of the shoulder to break a fall
Rotator Cuff Tear Treatment
ASTR uses holistic, noninvasive and pain free approaches to relieving inflammation and pain without the use of medication. Our doctors use patented ASTR tools to break down and clear the existing scar tissue and myofasical restriction in patients. Specific special exercise programs are given to patients that are designed to reduce inflammation and strengthen the muscle to bring the patient back to a normal functioning and activity.