Spinal Stenosis: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
What is Spinal stenosis?
Spinal stenosis is when the spacing in the spinal canal narrows or start to shrink. This can cause pressure to build up with the canal and put pressure on the nerve root and/or on the spine. Spinal stenosis tends to be more common in individuals over the age of 50.
Causes of Spinal Stenosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Degenerative joint disease
- Genetic/ heredity
- Tumors on the spine
- Paget’s disease
- Calcium deposits in the spine ligaments
Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis
- Pain in the neck or back
- Weakness of the muscles
- Tingling, numbness or cramping in the arms or legs
- Pain that radiates down the legs
- Flexing trunk or sitting generally relieves symptoms
- Severe spinal stenosis patients may suffer from bladder or bowel problems
Treatment of Spinal Stenosis
ASTR treats spinal stenosis in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, scar tissue, trigger points, fascia restrictions, inflammation, posture, body mechanics which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for spinal stenosis.
Spinal Stenosis Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites