A stroke occurs when there is a lack of blood supply going to the brain caused by a rupture or blockage within an artery in the brain. After experiencing a stroke patients may experience loss of muscle control and weakness.
Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- Weakness or numbness in face, arm, leg, or on one side of the body
- Loss of vision or dimming in either one eye or both
- Difficulty speaking or understanding what others are saying
- Sudden headache with no known cause
- Unstable balance or unstable walking
Different Types of Strokes
- Ischemic stroke
- This type of stroke occurs when there is a blockage or narrowing of the arteries to the brain causing a lack of blood flow.
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- The type of stroke that is caused by a blood vessel leaking or rupturing in the brain.
- Transient Ischemic Attack
- Also known as a ministroke. This type of stroke also is caused by a clot or blockage of blood going to the brain.
Advanced Soft Tissue Release works to help patients to improve their quality of life hindered by a stroke. ASTR uses patent tools and virtually pain free, non invasive treatments to possibly help patients obtain long term pain relief. It also releases scar tissue, and addresses myofascial restriction to help patients increase their range of motion. ASTR is a holistic approach to treating a stroke patient and could help increase muscle control, strength, improve balance, and coordination.