Constant use on the muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments can cause injuries to the thigh, which is the most common type of injury. Thigh pain can either come from overuse causing inflammation and resulting in pain, but can also be cause by tears of straining of the muscle. Pain can vary from a dull aching pain, to numbness and tingling, to a sharp stabbing pain. If pain continues for more than a couple days, medical attention should be sought out.
Causes of Thigh Pain
- Tear of strain of the muscle
- Overuse injuries to the muscle (ligament, joint, tendon, of muscles)
- Blood clot
- Merlagia Parenthetic
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Varicose Veins
Treatment for Thigh Pain
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease pain and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.