Arthritis of the Hand: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
What is Hand Arthritis?
Arthritis of the hand is the inflammation of one or more joint within the hand. There are 100 different forms of arthritis including osteoarthritis (“wear and tear”) and rheumatoid arthritis (chronic swelling within the body). Arthritis of the hand can be painful and debilitating since the hand makes such fine motor movement with several small bones. Arthritis can occur in any of the small joints within the hand.
Symptoms of Arthritis of the Hand
- Pain in the affected joint
- Loss of motion or weakness
- Deformation of the hand’s structure
- Grinding, clicking, or cracking in the joint during motion
- Swollen joint that are red or tender to touch
Causes of Arthritis of the Hand
- Lack of joint stability or alignment
- History of traumatic injury in the hand
- Joint infection
- Overuse of the hand
- Family history
- Inflammatory conditions (lupus, gout, pseudo gout, ankylosing spondylitis, IBS, or psyoriasis)
Treatment for Arthritis of the Hand
ASTR treats hand arthritis in a gentle, effective, and natural way by addressing muscle imbalances, scar tissue, trigger points, fascia restrictions, inflammation, posture, body mechanics which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for hand arthritis.
Arthritis of the Hand Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites