Cervical Radioculopathy is a broad-based clinical description of pain and neurological symptoms resulting from any types of condition that irritates a nerve in the cervical spine (neck). Cervical nerves exit the spine from C1 to C7 and their roots become irritated due to compression or inflammation, the symptoms can vary depending on which nerves are being affected.
Causes of Cervical Radiculopathy
- Cervical Herniated Disc: herniated discs can impinge on the adjacent nerve in this case the affected nerve is in the cervical region
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis: degeneration of the cervical spine cause the space between joints to decrease and pinch on the cervical nerves
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease: degeneration of the discs over time can also cause the nerve to become compressed
Cervical Radiculopathy Symptoms
- Dull/ sharp/ burning Pain (from the shoulder to the entire arm)
- Neck movement may increase symptoms
Cervical Radiculopathy Treatment
ASTR uses holistic, noninvasive and pain free approaches to relieving inflammation and pain without the use of medication. Our doctors use patented ASTR tools to break down and clear the existing scar tissue and myofasical restriction in patients. Specific special exercise programs are given to patients that are designed to reduce inflammation and strengthen the muscle to bring the patient back to a normal functioning and activity.