Neck Pain: Definition, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
What is Neck Pain?
The neck is a small area of the body that, when unwell, can cause debilitating pain. Neck pain can originate from a traumatic event, like a car accident, or from something as trivial as a bad night’s sleep. Neck pain can be a secondary complication from another ailment such as TMJ disorder, or it can precede worse maladies such as headaches or migraines. According to the American College of Rheumatology, neck pain affects at least 10% of the population each year.
Causes of Neck Pain
Common causes of neck pain include:
- Automobile Accident: specifically, whiplash injuries
- Poor posture: commonly found in those who spend long lengths of time sitting in front of a computer
- Poor sleeping position (also from bad mattress/pillow)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Muscle sprains in or around the neck
- Herniated discs
- Cervical arthritis (Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid arthritis)
- TMJ disorder (Jaw pain)
- Sport-related injury to the neck
Symptoms of Neck Pain
- Pain/stiffness/tenderness in any part of the neck
- Achy shoulders
- Pain radiating down the arms
- Limited ability to turn head from side to side or up and down
Neck Pain Treatment
ASTR treats neck pain in a gentle, effective, and natural way by releasing scar tissue and fascia restriction which are often the source of the pain. ASTR takes a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain, not just the symptoms. ASTR treatment can be done at home for neck pain.
Neck Pain Home Treatment
ASTR Exceptionally Different
Reviews collected from various websites